For a long time I have been a huge fan of Asus’s Maximus Gene motherboards, they are proof that going small, you don’t have to sacrifice anything. The Maximus VI Gene was a pretty amazing board, so lets see if Asus has been able to better it, so without further delay, lets jump into the review.
For those who don’t have the time for going through the whole review, here are some of the pros and cons of this motherboard.
- Great Looks
- Tons of overclocking options, Ln2 mode, voltage measuring points
- Plenty of expansion options
- True 8+2 phase power with digital VRM control
- Good bundled software
- Not a lot over the Gene 6 (worth the price difference, but not upgrade)
- Slightly pricey
Here are some of the features that we will be covering in the review:
- Board layout and features
- 8+2 Phase power
- SupremeFX Impact II audio
- Ln2 mode, ProbeIt, Manual and Auto overclocking options
- Asus Radar II, Keybot Utility, Gamefirst Lan
- Intelligent Processors 5 Utility, EZ Update
First up, we’ll be doing a quick check on what we get inside the box.